Wednesday 9 March 2011

Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews

What a great novel. I actually picked it up with the intent of doing some 'light reading', having just finished a critical read of Sons and Lovers by D.H Lawrence. It was relatively easy on the brain, not so much on the emotions. As a novel pubished in 1979, much of the content was controversial to say the least and banned in certain places. Incest and brutal chastisement are some of the primary issues covered.


Anyway, I am entering a tournament with this choice of book. I am going to compose a profile for Flowers in the Attic on this great website - Bookdrum. Thing is, my progress is coming on at a snail-like pace.
As a matter fact, I am going to go and work on it this very moment. That is if I want any hope of winning the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Parisha7