Sunday 20 March 2011

It's Not Paedophilic if a Girl Says it....Honest

It just sort of happens. There I am watching a film at the cinema or a programme on TV with others. Before I can establish whether my thought will be spoken out loud or just bouncing safely around within the confines of my diminutive brain - and very rarely is it the latter - I remark:

"Damn, he's going to be hot when he grows up!  I CAN TELL"

Poor little Jimmy just wanted to watch the end of Iron Man 2








Thus begins the mild upheaval around me. But it's really not the most ghastly thing one can let slip. I did not say "Damn, I want to rape that boy when he grows up". Merely that he would be a looker among his female peers. Or male peers. We musn't assume.






_______________________________________________________________________________________

 So while we're on the subject, I will kindly share a couple of characters that I saw fit to compliment in a perfectly healthy and non-detrimental manner, and you see if they do not make you blush. Ever so slightly.

1. Tom Riddle of Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince
    Played by Hero Fiennes-Tiffin

Fiennes-Tiffin as Tom Riddle in HP 6
And I mean the very youngest of all the Tom Riddle's seen throughout the Harry Potter films. And just because his uncle is Ralph Fiennes (who plays Lord Voldermort), does not mean he was cast for the role on the basis of pure favour ( at least not expressly). His acting is about as strange as his name, which is perfect for Tom's eerie persona. The young actor certainly puts Michael Gambon's performance of Dumbledore to shame. But we'll save that rant for another time. Grrr, that Gambon sure knows how to cause boilage of blood.



2. Sajid Khan of West Is West
    Played by Aqib Khan

Khan takes on Khan, West Is West
At present, the actor is aged 17 (which is actually not that pervy), and he does just fine in a slim fit suit.

 






  

3. Marcus Brewer of About a Boy
    Played by Nicholas Hoult

Hoult as Marcus Brewer in About a Boy
Until some years ago, I never knew that I needn't feel guilty about liking Marcus the oddball in About a Boy. Maybe I forgot how young I was when I thought it. When the Skins series aired on TV and Hoult's Tony Stonem made me fall off my seat, I realised that all could be forgiven. Nick Hoult is currently aged 21. And in the duration of my barefaced ignorance, had undergone a graceful transformation from this on the right...




Into this
He wants you to shut up
Yep. I know.

2 comments:

Follow @Parisha7