Sunday 26 June 2011

Say Good Night to the Good Guys

When it comes to somebody dying of unnatural causes, it's always always always an amiable, agreeable individual targeted. Okay, I understand that he who falls victim to death will never ever really be branded immoral or deserving of the death, but I'm talking about very special people here.

I'm not about to turn all pious on you, this blog is anything but that however, come on the undoubtedley justifiable notion that there is some sort of pattern here cannot go over one's head - at least not with ease. Brilliant people's lives are cut short, bastard's like us live on until maxed out. Something isn't right here.

I indirectly knew of a young man in Birmingham who was stabbed in close proximity to his house. He breathed only long enough to stagger the length to his home, where his mother sat and he told his mother he was sorry but he had to go. And go he did because such is life I suppose. He is still cherished by many who bore relation to him and must be proud that they knew such a staunch soul at all.

A man lives in London with his wife, no kids. The couple were considerably close to my mother. The man has cancer, I can't recall which, but the chemo has got the better of him. I've been told his face is swollen to such a degree he can hardly be recognised and tears will spring to any onlooker's eyes if they were met with such a spectacle. I don't believe in miracles but if there's some one who doles them out, now's as good a time as ever!

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked, stupidly. Stupid fucking question.

They just shake their head, Of course he's not. It's terminal, Einstein.

I have no doubt when I tell you he is good people. His wife too, they're always genuinely lovely and it shouldn't happen to lovely people.

R.I.P all the graceful people. Here's a song of grace for you!

1 comment:

Follow @Parisha7