Sunday 19 June 2011

The Result of Too Many Mediocre Bands on Tour

I've been foraging Ticketmaster tiringly for a sound live concert to go to. There is shit all on offer.

There really really is shit all on offer.

As a result of this deficiency, we have people yielding to something, anything, just for a taste of the live stuff. We have artists like the Vaccines actually SOLD OUT for a gig just over two months from now. And Death Cab are all out which is so un-bloody-fair. All relatively average things - Kids In Glass Houses, Wombats - have nothing left so a ticket search for The Killers or Beady Eye would just be completely in vain, thus I won't bother. Are musicians being indolent now? Sure this is festival season but where are the warm-ups? Not everybody can afford festival tickets, especially when they include admission to several other artists you'd rather not give a cut of your piggybank gig pennies to.

It would appear Good Charlotte still have tickets for Shepherds Bush in August.  However, I don't think I'm that desperate. We need better live shit. Sometimes I lock my dad in the shed and curse him for not conceiving me sooner so I could see the wealth of good music that existed before my time.

I don't lock him up but the notion's been dominating my mind a fair bit lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Parisha7