Wednesday 11 May 2011

Oh How I Miss Being Pure of Soul

Well I came across an ad online amongst the classifieds of Gumtree London today. It called out:

'VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 5 WEEK BABY MASSAGE COURSE!'

It felt a bit of dubiety for some reason, as the words caught my eye. Never had I heard of a 'baby massage'. Having nothing better to do and hoping to put my devil scepticism at rest, I clicked the ad and it read...
___________________________________________________________________________________

Volunteers Needed For 5 Week Baby Massage Course South West London, London

Hi there

My name is Alex and I am currently studying towards becoming a Certified Infant Massage Instructor. To complete this wonderful course, I need your help If you have a baby aged between newborn and 12 months and can spare one hour of your prescious time a week, for five weeks then please get in touch. I am happy to work on a one-to-one basis or if you fancy getting your Mummy friends involved too, then the more the merrier You will be welcomed into my home (in Earlsfield, SW18) or I can come to you!

WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- a chance to experience a full baby massage course FREE OF CHARGE
- learn a new and incredibly rewarding skill
- a relaxing and bonding experience for you and your little one
- a shared activity with friends that makes a change from Cafe Nero

If you are at all interested in participating or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Alex Barnes
078** *****4
___________________________________________________________________________________

So there's the ad. I think it's a terrific ad and have nothing else to say on the matter. Except I wish Alex every future success in his baby-massaging career and hope he finds the volunteers he needs.

I felt the need to block part of Alex's number in case he finds this and decides to accuse me of a subtle libellous attack. Not that it makes any difference and not that I give a fuck.

Please me tell me I am not alone in my distrustful nature. So. Erm, any thoughts on the ad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Parisha7